Sunday, April 5, 2009

Sewing Class

A couple of months ago I started a little "sewing group" with my mommy friends from Honolulu Mommies. At the first class there were 4 mommies and we made backpacks. I found this pattern online and modified it a bit. We had a lot of fun and decided to do it again. At the second class there were 7 mommies and we made crayon roll-ups. They turned out super cute. Our third class is next Saturday and we have 8 mommies coming (I can't fit anymore in my house than that!) When I posted the date for this upcoming class it filled up within hours and we have a waitlist. Most of the mommies are beginners and it is so fun to share something I love with good company!

Here are some pics of our projects:
A sideways shot of the backpack I made for myself.

Leif and his McQueen "PACKPACK." Speed!!! It's perfect for him to wear to church with all his quiet toys in it. I made one for his best buddy Ronan, too.

Trish's crayon roll. This was the first thing she has ever sewn. She did awesome! And she chose the cutest fabric, too.

This is Jessica's. She was also a first-timer and did a great job.

Nicole and her project. This was her second class and it turned out pratically perfect.

We are making these cute little pincushions next week. I got the idea from a Moda Bake Shop Charm Pack Recipe. But I'm not sure the group is ready for half-square triangles so we're sticking with a small little four-patch block with little bit of quilting on it. We are also making the most adorable hanging book displays from Ohdeedoh. I'll post pics after the class.

No comments:

Post a Comment