I recently completed 4 capes for Leif's best buddies - two for superheros and two for princesses.
My original attempt looked an awful lot like a Dracula cape so, the night before the party, I scrapped it and started over using a combination of these two tutorials. I was so pleased with the results that I made the two princess ones a week later. And shhh....Leif will be getting one (superhero, not princess) for Christmas this year. Let's just hope it goes over better than the Kermit costume!
Super Ray! Ro wasn't interested in wearing his at the party, but that's ok - there was a lot going on!
And for the two Princesses, I did flower wands with sparkly button centers and ribbons hanging down. Azure had to have purple, of course, with butterflies inside and I did a pretty pink with sweet peas inside for Julia.