Monday, April 6, 2009

Caitlynn

"Caitlynn"
Size: 8" x 41"
Pattern: original design
Completed: August 2008
Made in: Hawaii
Given to: Caitlynn
Machine pieced and quilted on a Pfaff Hobby 301
.
The story: This past summer my mommies group (honolulumommies.com) was holding a silent autction to raise money for a local charity. They were soliciting donations for the auction and I volunteered to donate a custom wall hanging of a child's name. The winner was Molly and she wanted one for her daughter Caitlynn. So, just knowing that Caitlynn's room was done in shabby chic and with a few ideas from Molly I went fabric shopping. I found these prints from Moda (one of my favorites) and thought they worked really well together. I finished it in about a week, including design time - should have only taken a few hours, but with a toddler everything takes 5 times longer!
Here are a couple of close-ups to hopefully see the fabric better. Sorry they are a bit blurry.

No comments:

Post a Comment