Sunday, May 10, 2009

Leif's Silly Squares

"Silly Squares"
Size: 26" x 32"
Pattern: original design
Completed: Fall 2006
Made in: Hawaii
Given to: Leif Kalama
Machine pieced and quilted on a Pfaff Hobby 301
.
The story: After I finished Leif's larger baby quilt I had a bunch of scraps of the fabric leftover and decided he needed a small travel quilt as well. For each block, I paired two fabrics and stacked them and cut them and then sewed them up. It was super quick (I think I finished in a couple of days.) This is the quilt I would take with us when we went places and I wanted to lay him down. He never became very attached to it, but every now and again he asks to sleep with it.
.
These are close-ups of each of the nine blocks:







Here you can see the green polka dot border and wavey blue and green binding:

1 comment:

  1. wow, you are so talented amanda! I am obsessed with amy butler fabrics. i made belle's crib bedding out of her fabrics. your quilts are sooo amazing!

    ReplyDelete